Thursday 2 May 2013

Beginning a blog!


I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time, I've just never found the inspiration to actually begin. But here I am today, typing up my first entry.
Well, at least I think its called an entry. I'm not really sure. The world of blogging is new to me! After being told (and hassled by my Mum) for a few years that I should start a blog, I eventually went online and started looking at ideas. From fashion to cooking blogs, there really is one for everything. So what's my blog going to be about? Everything!
No, not really, I'll make it more specific than that.

I'm attempting (miserably) to become fitter and stronger (after being told several times by my dance teacher my arms looked like spaghetti). I'm also trying to eat healthier and generally just be happy with who I am.
So this blog is going to be the story of my journey to learning to love myself (and my general randomness along the way).

So to do so, all readers might need to know a little about me! Firstly, I'm not one for putting all my little details on the internet, no siree, but I've realized through looking through a gazillion blogs; Blogs are basically online diaries we share with strangers.

So 'ello stranger!
My name is May and I'm a 15 year old girl who's at High School. Year 11, or form 5, depends on where you'd from. I come from lovely little New Zealand. No, New Zealand is NOT a part of Australia. I had someone ask me that once (well to word it specifically, "Is this a part of Australia?"), and I was stunned. No! We're not!
If you're not a kiwi yourself, you probably know our country for our supposedly annoying (and hilarious) accents or because the Lord of The Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit was filmed here.
In fact, Hobbiton is only a hours drive away from where I live! But lets keep this rolling.
I love reading and writing, hence me being told to start a blog.

English is defiantly my favourite subject, followed by Media studies. For those who don't know what that is, it is quite literally the study of Media, ranging from movies to news stories. I also secretly enjoy accounting, but its more something I enjoy because I'm good at it. Math and Science are okay, but I prefer subjects where an element of creativity is involved.

On the contrast; I absolutely hate art. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at art... or other people doing art, but hand me a paintbrush/pencil and I'll sit there looking like a deer in the headlights! I took art class for two years, all I can say is NEVER make me go back there. Ever.

But a place I'm always willing to go too is my dance studio. I've been dancing for 11 years, and I love it to pieces. I do Jazz Ballet. I've had so many memories made and friendships found that I don't think I could leave if I tried. As one of my friends told me, "The girls I dance with? They're my family" and I couldn't agree more.
I also give everyone (yes, everyone) I know a nickname. I think its because I'm terrible with names, and having something out of the blue makes me remember! The girls (or one girl specifically) I dance with call me Sur. So if anyone finds this, I'd like to give a shout out to the Herm Family; My Sous, Hermsack, Shoe, Smidge, Scrunchie, Rolo, Sponté. I love you all.

I play guitar, piano and I sing. I won a singing competition once, held at a shopping mall, but haven't entered another since due to my extreme lack of confidence. But that's what this blog is for!
As put by one of my other friends, my motto should always be, "I AM CONFIDENT!"

I tend to randomly obsess over the strangest of things. But then the obsessions last. I love Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, Orlando Bloom, The New Normal and The Book of Mormon. The musical of course, I'm not Mormon myself.

I don't have a religion, but I like to think there's a God up there some where looking over me. I mostly don't have a religion because I don't quite agree with them. I accept everyone for being themselves, no racism, homophobia, nothing.

I have a difference taste in music than majority of teenagers today. I love bands such as The Civil Wars and Mumford & Sons, or solo artists such as Brooke Fraser. I've been told a lot of the music I listen to is depressing. Apart from the musicals on my phone, of course.

And lastly, I'm weird. I'm weird, and I love it. There's nothing better than being unique. I burst into song in the middle of no where, talk to myself, carry around a Legolas doll when bored and love all things fluffy.

But as said by Deepak Chopra, "There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle."
So I like to think that my part is to add that bit of spontaneity to peoples lives and hopefully bring a few smiles along the way.

Love May
x

No comments:

Post a Comment